Powerful Web Analytics Tools: Google Analytics vs Google Ads
Google Analytics and Google Ads are totally different platforms.
One is an analytics platform that provides information about the performance of your website and how users behave on it through the tracking of data. Whereas Google ads is a platform where the user pays Google to promote their website through the use of keywords and a bidding system. We go into more detail below about these two programs Google provides.
- A free platform offered by Google for those who create an account.
- It is the most widely used analytics services on the internet.
- Google analytics has the ability to track the behaviour and usage of your site. You can also track the performance of different campaigns you have implemented onto the site.
- It can provide comprehensive metrics about your website. (visits, pages viewed, the location of the user)
- It is a powerful tool and is one of the most robust analytics programs currently available.
An analytic skill set will assist those who use it as it can be very complex. The business potential it has to create incredible milestones is awesome for those who know how to use it.
Trend and pattern finding can be easily presented by creating custom built reports on the google analytics platform. It allows the user to track and analyse the smallest of detail which can offer rewarding insights to where a business can invest in.
- You need to sign up for a Google AdWords account to use google ads.
- An advertising PPC (pay-per-click) platform where you can market your products and services on the Google search engine network.
- Google AdWords can display ads as a URL search result or even on youtube. Typically a google ad is presented in the form of a text URL ad. They are located at the top end of a google search results page or at the lowest end of a google search results page.
- Your business can nominate a limited budget on how much you want to spend on these ads.
- The way you pay for these ads is on a pay-per-click basis. So each time a user clicks on a google ad money is taken from your budget until your budget has been reached.
A good knowledge of content creation, keyword research will greatly reward those who use this advertising platform. It can be expensive if you don’t have a budget so it is very important to know what budget works best for your business.
For information about how to use Google Analytics or Google AdWords contact us and we would be happy to assist you.